Same-day delivery now available nationwide! Learn more.
Kid-friendly meal plan
Wednesday, Mar. 2, 2022
These recipe hacks — based on our favourite kid-approved products — get an A+ from even the most discerning little family members.
When your kiddos taste these juicy meatball subs with a Thai twist, flavourful satays with sweet pineapple-studded rice, tender meatloaf with buttery mash or satisfyingly flaky spanakopita with crudités and creamy dipping sauce, they’ll be pretty-pleasing for seconds. Here are four recipes for the young — and young at heart.
kick off the week with flavour
Turkey Meatball Banh Mi
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 carrot
- ½ of an English cucumber
- 2 cups of M&M Food Market Turkey Meatballs
- ¼ cup of M&M Food Market Honey Garlic Dipping Sauce
- 2 M&M Food Market Petite Baguettes
- Iceberg lettuce
- In a small saucepan, heat ½ cup rice wine vinegar, ½ cup water and 2 tbsp sugar and bring to a boil.
- Cut 1 carrot and 1/2 an English cucumber into matchsticks and place in a bowl.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables and allow to sit for 20 mins, then drain.
- Prepare 2 cups Turkey Meatballs in skillet according to package instructions, stir in ¼ cup Honey Garlic Dipping Sauce and mix to coat.
- Bake Petite Baguette according to package instructions; slice each in half.
- Top each halved Petite Baguette with meatballs, chopped iceberg lettuce, pickled veg and cilantro.
Tuesday dinner in 10 minutes
Chicken Satay with Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 package of M&M Food Market Chicken and Pineapple Mini-Skewers
- 1 package of M&M Food Market Rice & Vegetable Medley
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup diced pineapple
- Cook Chicken and Pineapple Mini-Skewers according to package instructions.
- In a medium skillet, sauté Rice & Vegetable Medley until heated through.
- Stir in 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce and ½ cup diced pineapple.
- Serve Chicken and Pineapple Skewers on a bed of the rice mixture.
Fuel up on hearty flavours mid-week
Loaded Mashed Potato–Topped Meat Loaf
- M&M Food Market Supreme Homestyle Meat Loaf
- M&M Food Market Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cooked bacon
- Sliced green onions
- M&M Food Market Seasoned Sweet Peas
- Place Supreme Homestyle Meat Loaf on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Prepare Homestyle Mashed Potatoes according to microwave instructions, then spoon onto Meat Loaf to create an even topping layer.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cooked bacon and sliced green onions. Return to the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, microwave Seasoned Sweet Peas according to package instructions to serve with Meat Loaf.
Friday finger food
Spanakopita and Veg Family Platter
- 1 package of M&M Food Market Spanakopita
- M&M Food Market Buttermilk Dill Dipping Sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Red and green peppers
- Bake Spanakopita according to package directions.
- Transfer to a large platter and add a small bowl of Buttermilk Dill Dipping Sauce, sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, olives, cubed feta, sliced red and green peppers, and lemon wedges to serve.